ROAR! How to make JELLY TARTS from The Dragon Prince!: It’s our last video of 2019! We’ve had an amazing year thanks to our Patrons, and you can become a part of the show as well by going to http://www.patreon.com/FeastOfFiction to join today 🙂
The holidays are far from over, because we’ve got another gift for you Feasters! From the magical land of Xadia we’re bringing you a Jelly Tart worth stealing – but no need to do so, recipe and ingredients are below!
4 fuyu persimmons
2 anjou pears
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 orange (juiced and zested)
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsalted butter
¼ cup ice water
2 tbsp sugar
2 large egg yolks
Yields 12 tarts
1. Cut and core pear and persimmons. Peel and cut into small chunks. Throw both of the cut fruit into a food processor to puree. Transfer into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add both sugars and stirring frequently.
2. In a small bowl, mix together water, cornstarch and spices until dissolved. Add to the puree, along with the orange juice and half the zest and reduce the temp to low.
3. Cook on low for about 15 minutes until mixture has slightly thickened. Remove from heat to cool down to room temp.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF.
5. In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, butter and sugar. Pulse until the mixture resembles sand, about 10-15 seconds.
6. Add egg yolks, remainder of orange zest, and pour in cold water bit by bit, processing and pulsing until the mixture forms a dough. Free free to add additional water by the teaspoon if dough is too crumbly.
7. Mound the dough together & wrap in a large sheet of plastic wrap, flattening into discs about ½-inch thick. Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes-1 hour.
8. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Remove the dough from the fridge & roll to about ⅛-inch thickness. Using a 4.5-inch diameter circle cookie cutter, cut out about 6 discs from the dough and set on the tray.
9. To build the tarts, spoon about 1 tbsp. of the pear-persimmon jelly into the center of each dough circle & spread to within ½-inch of the edges. Fold 3 sides towards the center to create a triangle, leaving a triangle opening in the center. Pinch the corners to seal in place.
10. Brush the tarts with the beaten egg & sprinkle with sugar. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and set on a cooling rack.
FOLLOW & Send us your creations! @FeastofFiction
➤ instagram: http://www.instagram.com/FeastOfFiction
➤ facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FeastOfFiction
➤ twitter: http://www.twitter.com/FeastOfFiction
➤ instagram: http://www.instagram.com/ashrachelle
➤ facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ashleyadamsonline
➤ twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ashleyquiz
➤ instagram: http://www.instagram.com/jfwong
➤ facebook: http://www.facebook.com/therealjimmy
➤ twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jfwong
Download the Soundtrack:
Episodes Produced and Set Designed by Abbe Drake
Edited by Sam Waldow
Set Constructed by Alfred Estaca
➤ Camera: Canon C100 Mark II https://amzn.to/2Lu8H1b
➤ Lens: Canon EF 24-105mm https://amzn.to/2PJoCvV
➤ Vlog Camera: Canon G7X Mark II https://amzn.to/2NoSV9M
Editing Software: Adobe Premiere
Author by: Feast Of Fiction